Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 4 - AR Project - Publishing

Today I begin to put on the finishing touches to my article that I plan on submitting to a peer-reviewed journal. What began as a chore and an ultimate fear of rejection has turned into an excitement about the possibility of someone actually publishing my work. While I am not holding my breathe and know that the possibility of rejection is more than likely, there is still a slight chance that someone will be crazy enough to publish my article. I am hoping that the group who will be sitting in on my wimba session and Joe, our course director, will be able to offer some insight on what modifications I can make to improve my article. Some of the questions I have developed so far are;

  1. What can I do to improve my results/conclusions? 
    1. I feel like there needs to be more. There is a lack of body to what will happen or change. I feel like I am saying here you go, I am done and nothing more will happen after the article is submitted.
  2. What images should I attempt to use?
    1. During my cycles I did not take any images of my workshops. I did capture some images of the students working on their projects but even then, I don't have many that show the teacher interaction. Many people have attempted to use charts and graphs, but my data collection (survey) was very weak and the graphs look worse included with the text than the text left on its own.
  3. How can I formulate a good abstract?
    1. The journals I have looked at publishing to all require and abstract and most are limited to 150 words. I am hoping someone will be able to provide me some positive direction on how to write the most affective abstract in the short amount of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment