Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 1 - Response to Therese Lunsford

Therese wrote:

{Video}
So here's my latest post on video. From a (mild) rant in my last post to an ode to my general program here. In addition to what I say on the video, I can add this to why I love the EMDT program at FSO.

1. It's practical and directly applicable to my endeavors as a teacher.
2. It's flexible and works around my full time job.
3. Scholarships make it a pretty cheap Master's program.
4. You really do learn a lot.
5. It is, occasionally, FUN! (Call me crazy....)

My response:
You are so on point with this video. I couldn't agree with you more. I have really struggled with my AR project but have fallen in love with the people and content we have been given access to. I feel like I have made some new life long friends (both faculty and students) and have been given the knowledge necessary to make it in today's ever changing educational landscape. This program has challenged us to take a hard look at education and how we can be a positive change. I truly believe every educator should have to go through something as meaningful as this program. Trying the explain what we experience does not do the hard work of our teachers the dignity they deserve. I urge my fellow educators to experience this on their own and look into the program. Hopefully Full Sail will keep on the growing path and continue to be an influence of change for our educational system.

No comments:

Post a Comment