Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Publishing/Leadership project part 2 of 3 - Change of plans

Image from: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Change.jpg

After much debate and guidance from my good friend Ashley, I have decided to move forward with the publishing route for my project. Due in large part to time and the fact that I would need to almost create everything from scratch for a presentation, I have decided to give in. A large reason for this was something written in the directions for this assignment. In the instructions it said " As much as this might seem like a new writing assignment, it should be more a case of copying and pasting and re-editing what you’ve all ready written for your Action Research Project, if you’ve completed your Action Research Web Pages. If you look at the AR Web Pages that you’ve created, each page should neatly fit into the structure required for most journal articles". I have to overcome my fear and realize that time is not on my side. My biggest fear of the publishing route was pure rejection but I have now realized that this is a part of life. In my article I hope I can demonstrate that the idea of a "knowledge broker" is necessary for technology to flourish in the classroom and that my cycles simply prove this. As of right now, I have decided to pursue initial publishing with Edutopia but would like to investigate others including Technology & Learning. My goal now is to look into places to publish as well as begin the writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment