Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 1 - AR Project

This week I spent the majority of my time working on my Action Research Project. As a major part of this course, we were asked to completed any open ended issues that might exist. For me this was both a blessing and a curse. It was a blessing because I needed someone to focus my time and energy on closing out the project. It was a curse because I finally had to adress the issues that existed within my project. First, I had to complete my literature review. I am absolutely convinced that you could end crime im America by requiring every inmate to write a literature review. There is nothing fun about a literature review and at the end of the day you are only happy because you finally finished all the work. The other issue I had to adress was the lack of communication from my critical friends. I have had two stakeholders in my project that have really taken an interest in my success. However, I have also had one administrator who seemed to "miss" every attempt of communication possible in regards to the need of his feedback. Other then these two minor headaches, I am pretty happy that my project has started on the path of completion. Next week I plan on having everything completed. I have a little more work on my final cycle and some minor revisions that need to be made on my literature review. Other than that, it should be smooth sailing to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment