Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Publishing/Leadership project part 1 of 3 - What to do?


Image from: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Aleksei_Sheludko_presenting_the_critical_thickness_theory.jpg

A couple of days ago, my good friend Ashley posed a very important question. What are you going to do for you Publishing/Leadership project? My response..."uggghhhhh". Not very elegant, I know, but at least I am spending some time right now thinking about what exactly I should do. Based on directions and feedback from friends, it appears that I may be better suited and attempting to present at a conference. This not only will be beneficial for my job as a Tech Director, but it will also force me to use some on the new tools I learned in my literature review. I can attempt to implement many of the techniques that were missed in my cycles and I could attempt to use this venue as a cycle 3. My biggest fear is actually presenting what I found through my research and project. It wouldn't take a genius to recognize that my cycles went against those thinks that are stated in my literature review. As of right now, I am going to look for feedback from my professor on what the best way to handle the presentation. I would rather work on presenting something like a third cycle demonstrating the uses and benefits of iLife in curriculum.

As far as where to present, my dream would be the Florida Education Technology Conference (FETC). I had the privilege of attending this conference in January and was blown away with all the things I learned and had access to.

1 comment:

  1. At least you said, "ugggghhhhhh." Only one direction to go from there.

    ReplyDelete