Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 3 - Response to Soyeon Kim

Soyeon wrote:

This video is a story about a man who does not has arms nor legs. Although he doesn't have the health that others have, he seems happier than any other person I have seen. How can a person be so optimistic and determined in such a circumstances? I mean, I complaint all the time about how others treated me, how I make mistakes, and how messed up the world is and so on. Nick completely taught me how to stay determined and positive with myself. He may be in a difficult physical condition, but he is the best emotional mental condition. I admire his passion and inner strength so much.

My Response:

Thank you for sharing this inspirational video, it really does put things in perspective. I, like you, tend to complain about the little things in life. Yet, watching Nick Vujicic really makes me wonder why it is I complain at all. In many circumstances I have the All-American dream life. I am married to an awesome woman, have a beautiful house, nice cars, great family and even a great job. However, I still think there is more as though the grass is really greener somewhere else. Videos like this remind me and us that we are all lucky. Lucky to be alive, lucky to be free, able to do the things we want, say what we want, be who we want. But as you said, we over look this freedom and undermine everything that people like Nick truly enjoy about life. Thank you for sharing this with me and reminding that I have it pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment