Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

BP13_20091018_Web_2.0_Tools_picnik.com

Photoshop is one of my favorite tools and my students use it on a daily basis. However, it is a very expensive program and requires a little bit of a learning curve to get use to operating in the program. As an alternate, I present picnik.com, a free web based image editor that will leave you questioning how much you really need photoshop (ok maybe not that great, but you get my drift).

First off one of my favorite parts of picnik is that you can begin working immediately, no account needed. Simply click the upload photo button and begin editing away. Tools include, auto fix, rotate, crop, resize, exposure, colors, sharpen, and red eye. Picnik.com also includes the ability to use their built in effects, text, touch up, frames, and advanced tools, all for free. If you find that you need more then the basic options, you can upgrade your account to premium for $2.08 a month. The monthly fee provides access to more options and effects and will leave even the die hard photoshop user asking "why isn't this in photoshop?"

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I've been searching for this. Photoshop is not cheap and I'm glad you found this substitute for free! It even includes the option to save and share to computer, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Myspace, Photobucket, and Picasa Web Albums. I don't see how you can go wrong. Thanks for sharing the info. I'll use it in my Art 1 second semester class when we get into digital photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not enough hours in the day for all these incredible resources:)

    ReplyDelete